It's summertime but it doesn't feel like it,here in our tribe lol.
It rained like crazy these past few days so I indulged with my very own batchoy tagalog to keep me warm.
This is actually one of my husband's favorite hungover remedy, I must say one of his favorite pulutan. He always request this when he and my uncles have their inuman session.
It really takes a lot of time preparing this dish as it uses pork,liver,innards and intestines. I have to cut and clean the intestines well to removed its foul smell and bitter taste. It takes time and effort but as you see your loved ones saying how good it is, it's quite fulfilling and satisfying.
Batchoy Tagalog is closer in taste with tinola due to its use of ginger and same way of sauteeing it. This dish is really interesting as you also add miswa noodles and pork blood.
So this is how I make my own batchoy tagalog at home, give it a try, it is definitely a delicious way to take the chill off cold rainy days and absolutely soothes hungover!
First prepare and clean all the ingredients
|Ginger, Onion, Garlic, Ground Pepper, Knorr Pork Cubes, Miswa Noodles and Spring Onion|
|Pork Liempo sliced added with salt & pepper. Boiled with water then crispy fried.|
|Pork intestines cut,boiled with water & salt (twice) then crispy fried.|
|Pork Liver added with salt.|
- Lean Pork-Pork Liempo
- Pork Intestines
- Pork Liver
- Pork Blood
- Sliced Ginger
- Sliced Garlic
- Sliced Onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Knorr Pork cubes
- Pork broth
- Miswa Noodles
- 2-3 pcs Green Chili Fingers (siling haba)
- Sliced Spring Onions
- First, prepare all the ingredients as stated above with pictures.
- In a wok, add in some oil saute first the ginger, garlic then onion.Stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the crispy fried-pork,intestines and liver. Add in the Knorr pork cubes and ground pepper,stir fry until the cube has dissolved. Transfer to a big pot that can hold 3-5 liters of liquid.
- Pour the pork broth in the pot and mix for a while, cover the pot and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the pork blood. Do not stir. Let it simmer for 15 minutes or until the pork blood is completely cook.
- Taste and add in some salt if needed.
- Add the miswa noodles & green chili fingers then let it simmer for a few more minutes.
- Served in a bowl and garnish with spring onions.