I loved mashed potatoes and this recipe was inspired by KFC's Famous Bowl. My mashpo recipe and gravy recipe where all from my husband's, he learned it when he was working in Qatar Applebee's, we just adjust it to our desired taste and preference. I hope you'll try and like it as well. So here you go;
For the mashpo:
- crushed finely chopped garlic
- buttered corn
- Beef cubes
- ground pepper
For the chicken pops:
- Chicken breast (sliced into small cubes)
- cumin powder
- cayenne pepper
Cooking Instructions for the MASHED-POTATOES
- Peeled the potatoes, cut into cubes; tossed in with salt.
- Add some water in the pot, add in the potatoes and cook for 15 mins or until potatoes are done.
- Mashed the potatoes. (set aside)
- In a small pan (low heat), add in some butter then the finely chopped garlic, saute for a minute or two, then add in the milk.
- Add your buttered garlic milk to your mashed potatoes and mix altogether.
Cooking Instructions for the GRAVY
- In a small pan(low heat), add in some butter then add the beef cube.
- Dissolved the beef cube with the butter, then add in some flour and mix. (used wire whisk).
- Add in the milk and water. Continue mixing.
- Then add the ground pepper.
Cooking Instructions for the CHICKEN POPS
- Cut the chicken breast into small cubes, add in the salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and cumin powder.
- In a pan, pre-heat your oil.
- Dredge in the chicken cubes in (F.E.B): Flour, Egg & Breadcrumbs)
- Fry the chicken pops to the pre-heated oil.
#MashedPotatoes #KfcsFamousBowl #ChickenPops #Appetizer #GravyRecipe #Hotshots